Alexander Kwanje (born to a Cameroonian father and an Iranian mother), has lived the majority of his life in Iran. He has studied media and film production at Art University.
He has produced his own movies in Iran and here, also worked under Mr. Kiarostami’s direct supervision. Ever since him moving to the United States, he has pursued his passion in media and directed an educational, entertaining series about the Iranian Artist population in the DMV area.
He is also the first Iranian actor to perform on Broadway in Midtown Theatre Festival.
Awards and Honors
- Certificate of Honor for the best Short film produced by Student producers
- Awarded as the Best Male Actor in the Spoleto Theatre in Italy/ Festival Di Spoleto
- Award of the Best Script writing from the Short film Association of Czech Republic
- Award of the Best Director in the Student Production Competition of Melbourne
- Award of the Best Actor in midtown festival in Broadway
Follow Alexander on Instagram @kwanje_alexander